PGDip Couns. BACP registered therapist
The First Step To Recovery
The SCOFF screening tool* can help you to understand if you have possibly got an issue that needs specialist attention:
- Do you ever make yourself Sick because you feel uncomfortably full?
- Do you worry you have lost Control over how much you eat?
- Have you recently lost more than One stone in a three month period?
- Do you believe yourself to be Fat when others say you are too thin?
- Would you say that Food dominates your life?
*2 or more positive answers indicates that you are likely to have an eating problem.
(Professor John Morgan's SCOFF Tool Effectiveness)
How Can I Help?
Anorexia is a specialist area of counseling. My name is Flavio Cernotta and I have trained with the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED). I am a fully qualified and experienced BACP registered therapist who is passionate about helping people overcome anorexia and lead a fulfilling life. I have several years of experience of working with anorexia. The experiential training with NCFED has deepened my awareness of how I have used food to manage emotions during stressful times and helped me see how my emotions affect my own body image. I also hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling.