PGDip Couns. BACP registered therapist
Do you need help because one or
both of your parents are drinking? You are not alone! 70% of adults raised with
one or two alcoholics felt they had successfully
hidden the problem from those around them
whilst growing up.
The First Step To Recovery
The CAST screening tool* can help you to understand if you have possibly got an issue that needs specialist attention:
- Have you ever thought that one of your parents had a drinking problem?
- Did you ever encourage one of your parents to quit drinking?
- Did you ever argue or fight with a parent when he or she was drinking?
- Have you ever heard your parents fight when one of them was drunk?
- Did you ever feel like hiding or emptying a parent’s bottle
- Did you ever wish that a parent would stop drinking?
*3 or more positive answers indicate that you are most likely the child of an alcoholic
(Jones and Pilat)
How Can I Help?
My name is Flavio Cernotta. I am a fully qualified and experienced BACP registered therapist who is passionate about helping people to tackle issues which result from either one or both of their parents’ alcoholism.
I have several years of experience of working with children of alcoholics. I was raised in an alcoholic home myself so I am familiar with the difficulties faced by adults whose parents are alcoholics or are recovering from alcoholism.
I also hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling, which is accredited by BACP.